Misery Loves Calvin

Lent is all about being miserable. What better way to celebrate misery than to read John Calvin's infamous work, Institutes of the Christian Religion?

Monday, March 11, 2013

Book II Chapter 6

Only Calvin could take John 17:3 and turn it into an exclusionary passage. According to Calvin's Christ, Heaven is like a swanky night club. You would not want to let just anybody in there. Next thing you know, the unwanted rabble would be running the show. God forbid!

I don't really want to get too deep into this issue. People will start sending me angry messages accusing me of Universalism. Or, even worse, they would send me nice messages telling me that they are praying for me. So, I'll just say one thing.

I don't have a problem with an exclusive Gospel. I do, however, have a problem with any Gospel that excludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment